Some gluten slipped by me...

>> Sunday, May 1, 2011

Today, was  the grand opening of the Chattanooga Market and it was a wonderful affair. Good weather, music and lots of food. I really wanted to eat out with my family and have a good time. I decided upon a hot dog with no bun, slaw, onions and a bag of chips. I checked the chips for gluten and asked about all the side items. I didn't ask about the hot dog itself. After about an hour or so, I felt the irritable bowel pains hit.

I haven't had an "attack" in awhile so it took me by surprise. The cramping and nausea were not fun. The only thing I can figure out was the hot dog itself. I pretty sure I was careful about everything else. Now that the initial cramping has passed, I am so tired I cannot keep my eyes upon. I feel like I have taken Benadryl or something to make me go to sleep because I can't fight the urge to close my eyes. I have been thinking lately if I went on a special vacation or fun trip, that I might go ahead and eat whatever I wanted and just pay the consequences. Now I'm not so sure about that because I really feel awful.

I was wearing one of my fun dresses that makes me feel thin and now my stomach is all bloated up and making me look fat and pregnant. I am more positive everyday that Gluten has been at the root of my irritable bowel problems. I am really bummed about the setback because things were going pretty good up untli now. Phooey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP